Hello!
Last night we (the Capitals) played the Tornados. Upon arrival at the rink I found out that our goalie wasnt going to make it and our back-up was subbing for the other team. UGH! Ok, now what? Play with no goalie and get stomped? We've had 2 loses in a row, that would be unacceptable! Well, luckily a team mate got a hold of a goalie who plays on another team with her. The only problem was, the zamboni was already on the ice. We went out to warm up and took out sweet time discussing the rules of not having a goalie with the refs. They knew what we were doing and also took their time as well ;o) Val stood in net until the goalie arrived and made 2 or 3 great saves. Right of the first face off, I got the puck and carried it all around their zone just to burn the clock, finally I got a shot off but missed. We did a really good job keeping it out of our end. Whem the goalie showed we were so relieved. We ended up shutting them out 2-0. It was a really fun game.
So, that was the highlight of my weekend. Now it's Monday and I'm back at work. It's so busy this morning! The lady who would throw us a Halloween party is out of the country, so no treats for me :o( That's ok, my cheap self will get my candy when it goes on sale!!
Ok, I'm gonna eat my banana and get on with my day... it's so busy it took me an hour and a half to write this!!
No comments:
Post a Comment