Thursday, March 3, 2011

February 22, 2006

The Funeral:
The funeral was really sad. Coach Don's team stood up and spoke about what a good person and how helpful he was. It was very difficult to keep it together. I also found out a possible "reason" for such irrational thinking. Don had a heart condition for which he even had a difibulator (sp?). Because he could no longer do his job, he became unemployed, with out a job, no insurance. Eventually I guess he couldn't afford his expensive medications anymore. He became despirate. Isn't it terrible that one can't get medicine they NEED because of money??? My only guess is that he figued, 'If I get away with this, I can get my meds. If not I'll go to jail where they will be provided'. I believe he got in over his head with this and didnt know what to do. This is nothing less than tragic.
However, since I heard so many wonderful stories about him, I'm sure Don is in heaven. Fourty six years of being a great person and accepting Jesus can't be forgotten because of one's actions in one hour. That was at least a little settling for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment