Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Femara Round 1

Friday, I went to see Dr. Finazzo.  He gave me the choice of doing another unusually high dose of Clomid or moving on to Femara.  Clomid was just not doing anything even at 150mg.  I opted to go with Femara which I found out is actually a med used to treat breast cancer but causes ovulation as a side effect.  I went through all 5 doses without a single hot flash.  I was having hot flashes often on Clomid.  I have begun using my digital OPK and I'm optimistic, though not overly hopeful for this month.  The good news about Femara is that I don't just get 6 doses.  If this makes me ovulate but we don't conceive, we can keep trying.  Fingers crossed.

In other news, we had a bad day Friday.  After work, Steve dropped off the ZX2 at a shop to have the front end looked at.  We went down to Amigo's in the Vibe and when we left the engine shut off as soon as we pulled out in to the road.  Steve managed to get us in to a parking lot.  Long story short, we had to call a tow truck ($107 plus a $10 tip for driving us home after dropping the Vibe at the shop).  Saturday, I had to bum a ride to and from a heavy freight meeting at work.  When I got home we walked 2 miles to the shop.  The computer in the Vibe was fried and would take till Monday.  The ZX2 was waiting on parts.  We walked the 2 miles back home.  When the ZX2 was done, we rollerbladed up to get it.  The Vibe still wasn't fixed on Monday. They needed to order a different computer for it.  I'm hoping to get it back by Friday.  Luckily Steve put aside $1000 for an emergency.  We've spent almost all of it on his fiasco.  We still have the 4-door Escort in the garage that needs to be fixed.  So, Saturday we were down 3 cars.  That is ridiculous!

Sunday, I overheard Steve tell his brother that he wasn't going to play softball this year.  I'm glad.  I want my Friday night back and because I just don't like how his dad sticks him out in right field so he can just stand there and watch the game.  I asked Steve why he wasn't playing.  He said he was sick of being stuck out in the outfield, hat he is an in-fielder and it's bullshit that Jimmy, Jeff and even Bush got to play infield last year.  He is right.  It is bullshit.  Well, someone else can get stuck out there this year while Steve and I enjoy date nights.  Another reason we are both glad he isn't playing is having to go to the stupid bar that sponsors the team.  I can't wait to be able to enjoy a wait to enjoy my summer this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment